Pages

Friday 24 May 2013

Scrub A Dub A Dub




Whilst I like to use my Dove exfoliating soap on a daily basis to keep my skin smooth, every once in a while I like to use a more heavy-duty scrub. The reason for this, is that it really helps keep the skin smooth, particularly on the legs and arms. I also think a body scrub in general helps improve the skins texture, and can make you feel extra squeaky clean. The scrub I've been using faithfully for around the last two years, is the St. Ives Invigorating Apricot Body Scrub.


The scrub contains 100% natural granules, that are quite fine however there are quite alot of granules in just a small handful. This means that you really do get quite a nice thorough scrub, because there are alot of exfoliating particles. There is nothing I hate more with scrubs, than when they don't contain many exfoliating granules as it can be difficult to get good results. Thankfully with St Ives this is not the case! The scrub also has a really lovely scent to it. I wouldn't say it's "Apricoty" as such, or that is overly fragranced. The smell seems quite natural, and pleasing to the senses.  

One aspect I like about this scrub, is the fact although it is quite thorough and invigorating, it does not irritate my sensitive skin, or cause it to peel or turn red. I do tend to moisturise my legs after use, just to be sure I am not drying the skin out... however I do feel this is quite a good product to use on skin if you tend to be irritated by certain cosmetics. I think the fact is not perfumed definitely helps this fact.

Price wise, you can pick this scrub up for £5.09 at Superdrug, which is not bad at all really when you compare this with other brands. St Ives have been established for 25 years now, which is another great reason to trust in them. It's all well and good paying £30+ for a scrub, but if that's a little steep for you as it is for me, then there's no reason to miss out on an indulgent treat for your skin. 


A little goes along way with this scrub, so don't think 300ml of product won't get you very far as you'll be surprised. I think this scrub works brilliantly on leaving my skin ultra smooth and re-vitalised, and doesn't leave a sticky residue either like some scrubs do. All in all, it's definitely something I have to repurchase once it's all gone!






No comments:

Post a Comment