Pages

Friday 6 September 2013

Nail Yourself A Bargain!






I check the Selfridges beauty page more times than most people check their mail... yes it's true I have an obsession at looking at all the beautiful, expensive products that have just come into stock. I noticed a few weeks ago, a brand new shade of nail polish by Chanel, in this wonderful Mermaid-Esque shimmery green colour, number 531 to be precise.  I loved the colour, just not the price. So, imagine my delight at seeing an almost identical replica in Tesco the other day entitled "Bongo Beat", for just £1.49. It made for a slightly alternative version to the Tesco meal deal that I usually go for, but one could argue the goods were much tastier. 

I applied this polish the same day, and after 4 days it still shows no sign of chipping, despite me not adding a topcoat. You would think that because it's a "cheap" nail polish, that it would go on in a similar fashion, but honestly it couldn't be any different... the polish has a wonderful shimmery-yet-not-glittery effect to it, and the texture is quite creamy, similar to polish I have tried from Bobbi Brown. I also noticed it was fairly quick to dry, and any additional coats went on really smoothly.

For over a £21 saving (I don't live anywhere near a Chanel/Selfridges counter so would have to pay the postage)... I think the Collection 2000 version is excellent, so good infact that it makes me realise just how ridiculous the Chanel price is, even though I'm sure it's wonderful too.  I do like my high end make up, however why pay more if the high street brands can pack just as good a punch?

Finally, in terms of pale skin this is a great autumnal colour, and I think it would suit redheads brilliantly. It's not a dark, flat colour... and yet it's not too sparkly for daytime wear. Give it a try!  


No comments:

Post a Comment