Pages

Tuesday 17 June 2014

The Body Shop Vitamin E Overnight Serum




Seen as skincare is ever becoming my main obsession, it was only a matter of time before I introduced a serum into my routine! This time it was the turn of the Body Shop Vitamin E Overnight Serum.

I had been reluctant to use serums in the past, as I am so careful about not overloading my skin and causing it break out, particularly with anything "oily". Whilst in the body shop recently, they had a 3 for 2 on all skincare so this was one of the items I picked up. I did ask the assistant whether this product was suitable for blemish prone skin, just incase.

I've now been trialling this for the last few weeks, using it after cleanser and toner, and before moisturiser in the evenings. To use, it has a pipette (love that word!) style dispenser, and I tend to squeeze a couple of drops into the palms of my hands before pressing it into the skin, applying any excess to the back of my hands/neck. I then usually follow with a *light* application of my Effaclar K moisturiser, as the serum is quite heavy (although not in a clogging feeling way).

The next morning, my skin is always noticeably softer and I haven't found my skin has broken out anymore than normal, which is considerably less these days since I have found a routine that works for me. I'm also impressed that you barely need any of this product to literally cover the whole face, so the bottle will last and last. 

The price of this serum is £12 for a 28ml bottle, which I feel is quite reasonable considering the majority of serums out there seem to be £40+... something which is way out my price range and seems daft if you are new to them and are not exactly sure what you are looking to get out of one just yet.

Overall, I would recommend this product for anyone who feels their skin lacks softness and like mine is typically dry/sensitive whilst also being blemish prone. I also feel it's a nice introduction to serums as it doesn't have a scary price tag and also doesn't make aload of silly claims other than to replenish and recharge moisture - which in terms of how soft my skin feels the next day I definitely feel it delivers on.  Give it a try!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment