Pages

Monday 14 July 2014

Birthday Beauty Haul!



So I picked up a few items for my Birthday recently whilst on my travels to both Meadowhall and Belfast. I'm trying to save my money at the minute (don't expect any giant Mac hauls just yet) ;)  However, you have to have a few treats around your Birthday, right?!

1. Liz Earle Limited Edition Cleanse & Polish


Now you all know how much I love Liz Earle! Unfortunately though for some reason, the limited edition version of my trusty staple cleanser badly reacted with my skin. I actually thought I had gotten really bad sunburn until I twigged it was this causing it everytime I applied it! A great shame, but thankfully Liz Earle offered to swap me it for the same size of the regular C&P. A warning that the limited edition one whilst it smells lovely, may not be suitable for sensitive skin. 

2. Liz Earle Shampoo (All hair types) 

Onto a much better find from LE! I had been wanting to try this shampoo for ages, as it's one of the few available on the market that is totally sulphate free. I shall keep you posted how I get on with it, but so far so good. You do have to use more water than normal to get any kind of foam - however the smell is lovely and fruity and is so far yet to irritate my scalp - yay for that!

3. Aveda Intensive Hydrating Masque

After my face disaster with the Limited Edition C&P, I needed something to take the redness down and really soothe my skin. I popped to the Aveda counter in Belfast's House of Fraser that Google maps kindly lead me too, and was also given a couple of samples of the moisturiser from the same range too! Win win!

4. Redken Smooth Lock

Although technically a purchase for my Mum, I borrowed this pre-flight after washing my hair. It really kept the style well and also gives a lovely shine. Not the cheapest of hair serums (definitely buy online to get the best deal) but is great for giving that salon finish.

5. Carmex Lip Balm

My battered, bruised and nail polish stained tub of Carmex is more of a rediscovered find than a new purchase. However, it's really come in handy these last couple of weeks when my lips went super chapped and normal lip balm wasn't cutting it. I forgot how much this stuff really works! 

No comments:

Post a Comment