Pages

Saturday 22 March 2014

Lights.... Camera... Pale Skin Make Up!



As some of you may know, I originally tried out for this years Dailymix beauty bootcamp, although didn't make it into the top 5. However for me, it was more about having the confidence to upload a video in the first place rather than getting through. In retrospect, I've also enjoyed watching the other contestants take part much more than I ever would have if I was watching myself. I know for sure I would have fallen to pieces having to do make up on the Pixiwoo Sisters!


To cut a long story short, Dailymix called me up a few weeks ago to invite me to join a new network they are starting with the 5 bootcamp finalists, and around 15 others who they liked but didn't make it through (myself included). At first I needed some time to think about it, as the thought of showing my awkwardness in video form actually terrified me. Although It's not everyday Dailymix comes-a-knocking! Plus, I felt it could be a really good opportunity to expand Pale Skin Make Up and reach a whole new audience, so I said yes!





To celebrate the launch of this new network myself and all the new bloggers attended YouTube HQ in London last Saturday for the launch.
We had a workshop with a camera/lighting expert as well as talks from Anchal and Mark who were contestants on last year's beauty bootcamp. We were also interviewed and photographed by the Observer. All in all, it was an amazing day and I am so glad I agreed to do it and didn't shy away from signing up.
 

In the long term, I'm hoping that this will be a way of putting pale skin on the map. I said from the beginning that my blog is not a pale vs tan debate - I just want to encourage self confidence and positivity in those with pale skin to recognise it's beautiful too. Oh, and to let make up companies know they don't go far enough in catering for those of us with ultra fair skin tones! 




I'm hoping you will all bear with me whilst I find my feet, as you can probably tell if you watch my first video that vlogging doesn't come naturally to me, although I'm determined to try.  I want to create a channel whereby pale skin is celebrated and for it to be a place where you can find products and information that genuinely suit you and make you feel better about yourself. 

Wish me luck! I have some exciting news to share with you in that my Youtube channel is now *LIVE!*


No comments:

Post a Comment